Monday, September 27, 2010

Japan and back













The trip to Japan was interesting, a little world tucked away in one corner of the planet with its almost virgin culture. Understanding the culture through my book was fun. I loved stamping the left side pages of my sketchbook with these seals/stamps that were presnt at railway stations, temples, tourist sites.....basically everywhere! It was almost like getting a passport stamped and I was like a kid looking for these stamps.The high points of the trip were, visiting the rice fields of Wajima and climbing mount Fuji. I must say I am not the biggest fans of Japanese cuisine. Ok I'll shut up now and let the sketches talk! The first few sketches are from Amsterdam, I had a five hour stopover there so I decided to sketch some.

No comments: